self referencing URL and redirect problem - Websphere

This is a discussion on self referencing URL and redirect problem - Websphere ; Hi Folks, I've got a sticky problem and my PMR with IBM doesn't seem to have traction so I'm hoping someone here has already solved this problem. I poked around the forum but couldn't find my exact scenario... here goes: ...

  1. self referencing URL and redirect problem

    Hi Folks,
    I've got a sticky problem and my PMR with IBM doesn't seem to have traction so I'm hoping someone here has already solved this problem. I poked around the forum but couldn't find my exact scenario... here goes:

    I've got a BigIP load balancer (listens on port 443 and 80) sitting in front of a web service on WAS 6.1 (listens on ports 49443 and 49080). There is no IHS or other web server in between.

    This setup works great unless the WAS server needs to redirect. The WAS server formulates a self-referencing URL and unfortunately it picks the internal port number (49080) instead of the external port number (443). For example, when our client tries to HTTP GET our WSDL he requests this URL:

    https://domain.com/projectWebService...rvicePort?WSDL

    Our WAS server issues an HTTP 302 "found but I'm going to redirect you" code to this URL:

    http://domain.com:49080/projectWebSe...ebService.wsdl

    This last URL request fails because port 49080 is not open externally. Also, the protocol was changed from http to https which isn't great either.

    I believe the problem is WAS's method of generating it's self-referencing URL. Is there a way to configure WAS to use the external protocol://domainNameortNumber ? If this were Apache HTTPD server I would simply switch off UseCanonicalName.

    thanks folks
    -shinepuppy-

  2. Re: self referencing URL and redirect problem

    Enable the application server to use inbound private headers
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...tom_props.html

+ Reply to Thread