Trying to link a cobol program with Message Queue which reside inwindows - Websphere

This is a discussion on Trying to link a cobol program with Message Queue which reside inwindows - Websphere ; I'm trying to send a message from a cobol program to MQ (windows). How do I specify 1. IP 2. PORT 3. QUEUEMANAGER 4. QUEUENAME 5. Other information in my program or MQI? Please help....

  1. Trying to link a cobol program with Message Queue which reside inwindows

    I'm trying to send a message from a cobol program to MQ (windows). How do I specify

    1. IP

    2. PORT

    3. QUEUEMANAGER

    4. QUEUENAME

    5. Other information

    in my program or MQI? Please help.

  2. Re: Trying to link a cobol program with Message Queue which reside inwindows

    I haven't touched COBOL in a very long time, but I suspect that there
    are examples in some of the redbooks.

    www.redbooks.ibm.com
    Search for SC34-6595 - WebSphere MQ Application Programming Guide
    SC34-6596 - WebSphere MQ Application Programming Reference
    SG24-5214 - Don't remember the title, but I seem to remember it's
    something to do with MQ version 5 programming examples.

    Look for things like: -
    CALL "MQCONNX" USING QMGRNAME, CONNOPTS, HCONN, COMPCODE, REASON.

    Pete Bennett
    Distributed Systems Professional Services Ltd.
    www.dsps.net
    www.middleware-dsps.blogspot.com

    On Oct 13, 8:34*am, Hoe Ghee wrote:
    > I'm trying to send a message from a cobol program to MQ (windows). How doI specify
    >
    > 1. IP
    >
    > 2. PORT
    >
    > 3. QUEUEMANAGER
    >
    > 4. QUEUENAME