Form based authentication - Websphere

This is a discussion on Form based authentication - Websphere ; Hi, I need to implement the form based authentication in WAS 6.1 . I wrote the login.html and configured the following in web.xml file. FORM Example Form-Based Authentication Area /login.html /error.jsp For my application the username/password is in user_login database ...

  1. Form based authentication

    Hi,

    I need to implement the form based authentication in WAS 6.1 . I wrote the login.html and configured the following in web.xml file.

    FORM
    Example Form-Based Authentication Area

    /login.html
    /error.jsp

    For my application the username/password is in user_login database table and role in user_role table. I would like to use authenticate the web application using our table (user_login and user_role).

    Please proive the required pointers to implement.

    R. SANTHANA GOPALAN.

  2. Re: Form based authentication

    You have 3 possible options to authenticate users against your own custom user/group source:

    1) Implement a TAI
    2) Implement a custom JAAS login module
    3) Create a custom WAS user registry.

    For #1 and #2, check http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we..._benantar.html
    For #3, check http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...sec_users.html

    The simplest is probably #3. #1 and #2 are considered fairly advanced WAS security customization.
    #3 will also give you the ability to define user/group role mappings from the WAS admin console.

  3. Re: Form based authentication

    On Oct 7, 3:24*am, sa...@gofrugaltech.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > * I need to implement the form based authentication in WAS 6.1 . I wrote the login.html and configured the following in web.xml file.
    >
    > *FORM
    > *Example Form-Based Authentication Area
    >
    > */login.html
    > */error.jsp
    >
    > * For my application the username/password is in user_login database table and role in user_role table. I would like to use authenticate the web application *using our table (user_login and user_role).
    >
    > * *Please proive the required pointers to implement.
    >
    > R. SANTHANA GOPALAN.

    I think you need to read up on LTPA.

+ Reply to Thread