Access xml message from SEI - Websphere

This is a discussion on Access xml message from SEI - Websphere ; Hi, in my Service Endpoint Implementation I have a requirement to do logging of initial SOAP xml, based on sophisticated business logic. How can I access the payload from SEI? I don't want to fall back to low level Provider ...

  1. Access xml message from SEI

    Hi,

    in my Service Endpoint Implementation I have a requirement to do logging of initial SOAP xml, based on sophisticated business logic. How can I access the payload from SEI? I don't want to fall back to low level Provider implementation, nor to create and configure additional handlers for that. I just need to access initial xml in some rare cases. Does anyone have any clues on how to achieve that?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Access xml message from SEI

    OOps, did I mentioned that my post concerns JAX WS? Particularly, EJB endpoint implementation.

  3. Re: Access xml message from SEI

    Stan,

    "need to access initial xml in some rare cases from SEI" is not supported in the websphere jaxws engine per the jaxws spec.

    Specifically, section 5.3.1 of the JAX-WS specification says that an implementation should only expose "properties whose scope is APPLICATION":

    5.3.1 MessageContext
    The message context made available to endpoint instances via the WebServiceContext acts as a restricted
    window on to the MessageContext of the inbound message following handler execution (see chapter 9).
    The restrictions are as follows:
    • Only properties whose scope is APPLICATION are visible using a MessageContext obtained from
    a WebServiceContext; the get method returns null for properties with HANDLER scope, the Set
    returned by keySet only includes properties with APPLICATION scope.

    An implementation does not, nor should, expose the SOAP message through the methods of the WebServiceContext injected into a JAX-WS endpoint.

    As an alternative, customer may wish to use JAX-WS handlers to retrieve the SOAP message and inspect or manipulate it prior to the message consumption that occurs just before calling the endpoint.

    thanks,
    dims

+ Reply to Thread