@WebServiceProvider at WAS 7.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on @WebServiceProvider at WAS 7.0 - Websphere ; Hello everyone... I'm completely new to WAS and relatively new to web services. I'm trying to build a jax-ws web service using the @WebServiceProvider annotation, but can't get it to work on WAS 7.0. In short, my class looks something ...

  1. @WebServiceProvider at WAS 7.0

    Hello everyone...

    I'm completely new to WAS and relatively new to web services. I'm trying to build a jax-ws web service using the @WebServiceProvider annotation, but can't get it to work on WAS 7.0. In short, my class looks something like:

    package mypackage;

    @ServiceMode(value=Service.Mode.PAYLOAD)
    @WebServiceProvider(serviceName="OutboundService", portName="OutboundPort", targetNamespace="http://test.mycompany.com")
    public class OutboundProviderImpl implements Provider {

    public Source invoke(Source source) {
    }
    }

    I package the compiled class in a .war file (as I haven't been able to get RAD do it for me), with the following structure:
    WEB-INF
    - web.xml (please find file attached)
    - classes
    - mypackage
    - OutboundProviderImpl.class

    I then deploy the .war, but I can't seem to get things working (keep getting axis fault HTTP 404, when hitting URL http://localhost:9080/CONTEXT_ROOT/WS_NAME (i.e. http://localhost:9080/Outbound/OutboundService) with a SOAP client.

    Is there something I'm missing? Should I have any specific servlet entries in my web.xml? Should I include any WAS specific configuration file? Should I include any JAX-WS generated artifacts, and if yes, how am I to generate them?

    If someone has a sample working war file he/she could share, it would be of great help!

    - Yiannis

  2. Re: @WebServiceProvider at WAS 7.0

    Finally figured it out! My web.xml should be version 2.5

    Probably related to http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...otations.html:

    "However, pre-Java EE 5 application modules (Web application modules version 2.4 or before, or EJB modules version 2.1 or before) are not scanned for JAX-WS annotations, by default, for performance considerations."

+ Reply to Thread