I have searched this forum and google, can't seem to find much about this. So am wondering whether its considered best practice to install an anti virus on a server hosting Websphere Application Server. And possibly Db2.

From google there seems to be mixed reaction on this. Actually we're experiencing some performance problem but more on DB2 than WAS, and wondering whether the anti virus is causing the slowdown as the DB2 logs don't seem to indicate anything wrong with DB2.

If anyone has faced similar scenario before it would be good to hear your thoughts.