Can IBM Thin Client for EJB access version 2.x on the WAS 6.1? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Can IBM Thin Client for EJB access version 2.x on the WAS 6.1? - Websphere ; I have stand alone application (Java SE) and this application needs access EJB on WAS, also EJB 2.1 on WAS 6.1. I am considering installing Websphere Application Client or using IBM Thin Client for EJB com.ibm.ws.ejb.thinclient_7.0.0.jar (Embeddable single jar with ...

  1. Can IBM Thin Client for EJB access version 2.x on the WAS 6.1?

    I have stand alone application (Java SE) and this application needs access EJB on WAS, also EJB 2.1 on WAS 6.1. I am considering installing Websphere Application Client or using IBM Thin Client for EJB com.ibm.ws.ejb.thinclient_7.0.0.jar (Embeddable single jar with small footprint). Can The IBM Thin Client for EJB access EJB version 2.x on the WebSphere Application Server version 6.1.x using the JNDI lookup?

    Regards
    Mgn

  2. Re: Can IBM Thin Client for EJB access version 2.x on the WAS 6.1?

    On Sep 28, 12:26*pm, mgn2009 wrote:
    > I have stand alone application (Java SE) and this application needs access EJB on WAS, also EJB 2.1 on WAS 6.1. I am considering installing Websphere Application Client or using IBM Thin Client for EJB com.ibm.ws.ejb.thinclient_7.0.0.jar (Embeddable single jar with small footprint). *Can The IBMThin Client for EJB *access EJB version 2.x on the WebSphere ApplicationServer version 6.1.x using the JNDI lookup?
    >
    > Regards
    > Mgn

    Yes, you can. Use it with the IBM JRE that is shipped with IBM
    Application Client 7.0.

    - Kihup

  3. Re: Can IBM Thin Client for EJB access version 2.x on the WAS 6.1?

    Assuming that the JVM is launched properly, I can't think of a reason that wouldn't work. There is more guidance in the InfoCenter on how to launch a JVM using the EJB thin client:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...hinclient.html

+ Reply to Thread