WAS ND cluster without web server? - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS ND cluster without web server? - Websphere ; app servers. I guess I just want to confirm if 1) and 3) can work at all... Thanks and apologies for the long post....

  1. WAS ND cluster without web server?

    app servers.

    I guess I just want to confirm if 1) and 3) can work at all...

    Thanks and apologies for the long post.

  2. Re: WAS ND cluster without web server?

    1. no
    2. yes
    3. yes, at least for F5-BigIP. See for instance http://www.f5.com/pdf/deployment-gui...-bigip9-dg.pdf

  3. Re: WAS ND cluster without web server?

    Thanks for the reply karan. If other members have additional thoughts about this it would be good to know.

  4. Re: WAS ND cluster without web server?

    You could always use the Edge Components Load Balancer, instead of a Hardware Load Balancer / IHS implementation. But I would suggest implementation IHS and a Load Balancer to provide High Availability and work load management.

    Add Content Based Routing to the ECLB mix and you can offload content away from the WebSpheres and let it do what it does best.

    Nicholas Irving
    www.darkedges.com

+ Reply to Thread