"Could not find Security Provider" error in WAS 7 - Websphere

This is a discussion on "Could not find Security Provider" error in WAS 7 - Websphere ; Hi, We use WAS 7.0.5 on Windows 2008 Server. We have an application that uses Sun JSE and was running well in WAS 5. We deployed this application in WAS 7. The application starts-up ok with no errors. But when ...

  1. "Could not find Security Provider" error in WAS 7

    Hi,

    We use WAS 7.0.5 on Windows 2008 Server.

    We have an application that uses Sun JSE and was running well in WAS 5. We deployed this application in WAS 7. The application starts-up ok with no errors. But when we actualy post to the url connected with this app then we get following error:

    24/09/09 10:13:01:438 EST] 00000053 servlet E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper service SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception created in one of the service methods of the servlet AS2_Component in application Channels. Exception created : java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find Security Provider
    at XcoreXipworksediX67X2125.u. (Unknown Source)
    at XcoreXipworksediX67X2125.j. (Unknown Source)
    at ipworksedi.As2receiver.(Unknown Source)
    at com.mincom.channels.http.receiver.AS2TransportServ let.doPost(AS2TransportServlet.java:175)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:738)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:831)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.ser vice(ServletWrapper.java:1530)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:829)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.han dleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:458)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl .handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:175)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleReques t(WebApp.java:3742)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequ est(WebGroup.java:276)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest (WebContainer.java:929)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleReque st(WSWebContainer.java:1583)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.read y(WCChannelLink.java:178)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:455)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:384)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLi nk.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:272)
    at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.dete rmineNextChannel(SSLConnectionLink.java:1016)
    at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink$MyRe adCompletedCallback.complete(SSLConnectionLink.jav a:639)
    at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$ SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceCo ntext.java:1772)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListe ner.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java :165)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallbac k(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletion Actions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture .java:138)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHand ler.java:204)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingL oop(ResultHandler.java:775)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler .java:905)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1550)

    Any suggestions as to the reson for this and hopefully a solutiuon.

    Thanks

    Harikumar

  2. Re: "Could not find Security Provider" error in WAS 7

    It appears the error is coming from ipworksedi.As2receiver and XcoreXipworksediX67X2125 classes, which don't come from WAS. Perhaps someone else on this forum knows what's wrong, but you might have better luck on a forum for a product that provides those classes.

  3. Re: "Could not find Security Provider" error in WAS 7

    The error is reported from this. But as I said the application was working OK in WAS 5.1. So something has changed in WAS 7 which make it fail.

    I thought someone on this forum would have experienced as similar issue. But I get the impression it is not

    Thanks anyway

    Harikumar

+ Reply to Thread