Admin Console login problem - Websphere

This is a discussion on Admin Console login problem - Websphere ; WAS : 6.1 (base version) platform: Solaris I have 2 profiles set up on the same server. These 2 profiles are listening on 2 different ports - 10011 and 10023. If I log in to one admin console and try ...

  1. Admin Console login problem

    WAS : 6.1 (base version)
    platform: Solaris

    I have 2 profiles set up on the same server. These 2 profiles are listening on 2 different ports - 10011 and 10023.
    If I log in to one admin console and try to access the other admin console, it gives me the error message:

    *Another user is currently logged in with the same user ID. Select from the following options:*
    *Log out the other user with the same user ID. You can recover changes made during the other user's session.*
    *Return to the Login page and enter a different user ID.*

    Why am I seeing this error message? I am *not* trying to access the same admin console simultaneouly.

    {code}https://myserver:10023/ibm/console/logon.jsp - ssl enabled.
    http://myserver:10011/ibm/console/logon.jsp{code}

    Have anyone encountered this issue? Would greatly appreciate if someone can let me know how to fix this.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Admin Console login problem

    Try checking if JSESSIONID cookiee is overwritten during login to the second console

  3. Re: Admin Console login problem

    Although I can't help you, I have exactly the same problem. One system has 5 profiles and I need to log-on to them concurrently which causes no end of problems. Sometime when profile1 is logged on and then I log-on to profile2 I will actually get the admin console of profile1. The only way I managed to get around it (in test environment at least) was to create multiple administration users, one for each profile, and do it that way.

    Seb

  4. Re: Admin Console login problem

    Do you have Security Enabled? This usually shows it head because the Cookie are domain dependent, and the cookie from one session is being presented to the next session. One way around this is use different FQDN for each console you are accessing, or using a cookie editor in your browser to clear the cookies.

    Nicholas Irving
    www.darkedges.com

+ Reply to Thread