Unable to stop IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unable to stop IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1 - Websphere ; When I am trying to stop my IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1 , it is giving error and not allowing me to stop my server. Please find attached stopserver.log file. Thank you for your help....

  1. Unable to stop IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1

    When I am trying to stop my IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1 , it is giving error and not allowing me to stop my server.

    Please find attached stopserver.log file.

    Thank you for your help.

  2. Re: Unable to stop IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1

    rjshah@bajajauto.co.in wrote:
    > When I am trying to stop my IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1 , it is giving error and not allowing me to stop my server.
    >
    > Please find attached stopserver.log file.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.

    It looks like your WAS is registered as a service, you might trying
    stopping it from the Services panel.

    Does your application launch any of its own threads? this situation will
    occur if an application starts a thread with no way of stopping it.

    Ken

  3. Re: Unable to stop IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1

    Does SystemOut.log show that the server is actually stopping despite the timeout? Are there any odd network configurations on your machine? Does the hostname specified during profile creation match the hostname of the machine? Is PK59306 relevant in your environment?

  4. Re: Unable to stop IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1

    I have not worked on IBM webspere.We do not have any technical person to handle our issued.

    If you can provide me steps to check it, then I will check it accordingly.

    Please find attached systemout.log.

    Thank you.

  5. Re: Unable to stop IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1

    Are you stopping it as the same user that started it, or at least an administrative user? I.e. from this message:

    [9/21/09 15:48:42:573 IST] 00000027 RoleBasedAuth A SECJ0305I: The role-based authorization check failed for admin-authz operation Server:stop:java.lang.Boolean:java.lang.Integer. The user UNAUTHENTICATED (unique ID: unauthenticated) was not granted any of the following required roles: administrator, operator.

    Or does this help:

    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21304013

  6. Re: Unable to stop IBM Websphere Application Server 6.1

    Please find attached error screenshot.

+ Reply to Thread