Unable to access JNDI Data source - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unable to access JNDI Data source - Websphere ; Hi all, I am not able to call JNDI Datasource , i got the following exeption "Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object." weather in console it when i am testing connection , it gives successful ...

  1. Unable to access JNDI Data source

    Hi all,

    I am not able to call JNDI Datasource , i got the following exeption
    "Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object."

    weather in console it when i am testing connection , it gives successful message

    My code is as follows:

    Sometimes it works sometime i got this message "Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object."

    Please help

    Thanks in advance

    Kumar

  2. Re: Unable to access JNDI Data source

    Hello again Kumar, admirable perseverance with this, you've been at it
    for a while now.

    You didn't include any code that I could see, and that would be quite
    important in giving us information to allow us to help you.
    It seems quite likely that although you may have created a data source
    in the administrative console (Hopefully now a datasource that isn't a
    WebSphere version 4 one like your attempt earlier this month) that
    perhaps you haven't made a reference mapping when deploying the
    application.
    Are you still trying to access the data source from a JSP?
    Have you created a reference to a data source within your
    application's deployment descriptor?

    I think we'd perhaps benefit from seeing the deployment descriptor as
    well as the source-code from which you are attempting to connect to
    this data source. There are some good publications out there that
    might help you, in fact, this might be easier if you get to understand
    the deployment of your application into Tomcat 6 or something first,
    then try to map that experience onto WebSphere.
    Anyway: http://java.sun.com/developer/techni...ml/WebAppDev4/
    might be of some use. I seem to remember that there are some good
    O'Reilly books on servlet and JSP programming as well.
    If you'd really like help, please do contact me, and I'll try my best
    to either supply you with examples or to work with your code and
    deployment descriptors to see if we can get you working with
    WebSphere, or Tomcat for that matter.

    Peter Bennett
    www.dsps.net
    www.middleware-dsps.blogspot.com

    On Sep 16, 4:49*pm, kumarpsinha wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am not able to call JNDI Datasource , i got the following exeption
    > "Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object."
    >
    > weather in console it when i am testing connection , it gives successful message

    (Is that a reference to 'cloud' computing? 8o)

    > My code is as follows:
    >
    > Sometimes it works sometime i got this message "Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object."
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Kumar

  3. Re: Unable to access JNDI Data source

    On Sep 16, 4:49*pm, kumarpsinha wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am not able to call JNDI Datasource , i got the following exeption
    > "Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object."
    >
    > weather in console it when i am testing connection , it gives successful message
    >
    > My code is as follows:
    >
    > Sometimes it works sometime i got this message "Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object."
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Kumar

    Another thought occurs. Did you install the sample programs when you
    installed WebSphere?
    Try running those and then take a look through the code to see how
    they are written and in particular, how they make database
    connections.

    Pete.

  4. Re: Unable to access JNDI Data source

    I would expect there to be additional information in the exception and/or server log that explains what the problem was. In the logs, search for error and warning messages that might be related.

  5. Re: Unable to access JNDI Data source

    On Sep 16, 8:49*pm, kumarpsinha wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am not able to call JNDI Datasource , i got the following exeption
    > "Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object."
    >
    > weather in console it when i am testing connection , it gives successful message
    >
    > My code is as follows:
    >
    > Sometimes it works sometime i got this message "Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object."
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Kumar

    Have you defined you datasource in the correct scope as per the
    deployed application?
    Preparing for Test 253
    http://www.wascertify.getbegin.com

+ Reply to Thread