j2c authentication alias at node level - Websphere

This is a discussion on j2c authentication alias at node level - Websphere ; Hi, I am trying to create a J2C authentication alias at the node level. But it is by default creteaing at Deployement manager level. Is there any way that I can change the scope at which j2c authentication aliase needs ...

  1. j2c authentication alias at node level

    Hi,

    I am trying to create a J2C authentication alias at the node level. But it is by default creteaing at Deployement manager level. Is there any way that I can change the scope at which j2c authentication aliase needs to be created. I am at WAS v6.0.2.29 level.Any clues pls?

    Thanks
    Vivek.

  2. Re: j2c authentication alias at node level

    Is there a reason why you need it at the node level ? If it is at the Depyment Manager cell level, it is used for all nodes, which makes for easier administration.....

  3. Re: j2c authentication alias at node level

    Hi Blaine,

    A RAR file has been installed at the Node level only through Admin console gui.Eventhough an authentication alias is available at DMGR level, it is failing to connect. So I suspect it may require an authentication alias at node level.

    hmm..it may not be a solution, ..but anyway it will be useful to learn how to create at node level....any inputs pls??

    Thanks.

  4. Re: j2c authentication alias at node level

    afaik Jaas entries are not scoped. The resources for which you use
    them, are.

    If you could share the specific errormessage with which the connection
    fails, perhaps we could hint you in the right direction.

    On Sep 17, 8:33*am, "vivekanand.y" wrote:
    > Hi Blaine,
    >
    > A RAR file has been installed at the Node level only through Admin console gui.Eventhough an authentication alias is available at DMGR level, it is failing to connect. So I suspect it may require an authentication alias at node level.
    >
    > hmm..it may not be a solution, ..but anyway it will be useful to learn how to create at node level....any inputs pls??
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread