apply security in WAS6.1 from Linux going to windows AD - Websphere

This is a discussion on apply security in WAS6.1 from Linux going to windows AD - Websphere ; Hi , I want to apply WAS6.1 security , but want to leverage existing setup. 1: enable global security 2: Use Local Registry to configure This works fine if the user added locally to the box(ie they are in /etc/passwd). ...

  1. apply security in WAS6.1 from Linux going to windows AD

    Hi ,
    I want to apply WAS6.1 security , but want to leverage existing setup.
    1: enable global security
    2: Use Local Registry to configure
    This works fine if the user added locally to the box(ie they are in /etc/passwd).
    But the way I like to setup here is, OS is configured to go to windows AD and check if the user exist or not.
    So it is like,The unix machines ask the AD "does this user exist?", and "is this password valid?"
    Now this works as well, ie this user can login to the box without being in /ets/passwd,
    But this does not work with WAS6.1, using local registry ticked, it comes out as :
    "The administrative user ID does not exist in the user repository."
    Has anyone any idea how to implement this ?
    Thanks
    Ibnul

  2. Re: apply security in WAS6.1 from Linux going to windows AD

    Only the local machine user registry is used; so /etc/passwd.
    Consider to use ldap (you've already implemented it!)

    Henk

+ Reply to Thread