Websphere general quires - Websphere

This is a discussion on Websphere general quires - Websphere ; Startup behavior. Can you please tell me what is log4j is used for. there was no such class loaded for me during jvm startup. 2.If there are many applications deployed on an application server. Then is it possible to have ...

  1. Websphere general quires

    Startup behavior.

    Can you please tell me what is log4j is used for. there was no such class loaded for me during jvm startup.

    2.If there are many applications deployed on an application server. Then is it possible to have seperate log files for each application, instead of using the systemout.log for all the applications

  2. Re: Websphere general quires

    log4j is a logging framework. It will only be loaded if it's part of/
    referenced by your app.

    If you're running the apps in the same server instance, they will all
    drop their messages in the same file. You could ask your developer to
    implement something like log4j (or put the java.util.logger to work)
    to solve that.

    On Sep 16, 6:45*am, jack2en...@gmail.com wrote:
    > *Startup behavior.
    >
    > Can you please tell me what is log4j is used for. there was no such classloaded for me during jvm startup.
    >
    > 2.If there are many applications deployed on an application server. Then is it possible to have seperate log files for each application, instead of using the systemout.log for all the applications

  3. Re: Websphere general quires

    Target Specific Application Settings. On that panel, there are Enable Auto Start and Disable Auto Start buttons.

    log4j is not used internally, as far as I know. Any errors related to log4j must be caused by local modifications.

    2. I do not believe it is possible unless the application uses a specific logging library, and then the setting for redirecting the logging would be specific to that library.

  4. Re: Websphere general quires

    On Sep 16, 9:45*am, jack2en...@gmail.com wrote:
    > *Startup behavior.
    >
    > Can you please tell me what is log4j is used for. there was no such classloaded for me during jvm startup.
    >
    > 2.If there are many applications deployed on an application server. Then is it possible to have seperate log files for each application, instead of using the systemout.log for all the applications

    yes its possible to have seperate log files for each application using
    log4j.properties which can be put inside WEB-INF/classes.
    You will need to configure log4j.properties file .Actually it should
    be taken care by developers.
    Thank You,
    wasadmin
    Preparing for Test 253 .