I know there is a similar post that talks about the UserManager, but I'm looking for something else.

In 5.0/5.1 I'm able to do the following to get information using the com.ibm.wps.puma.User class:
getGivenName
getSurName
getMail
getTelephoneNumber

This is sadly deprecated and now I'm in 6.0, soon to be at 6.1 and I'm trying to use com.ibm.portal.um.User to get these same attributes, but not all of them are there...

Our Portal environment uses our AD for authentication, so these attributes are living in AD. I need to get the name, email, phone number of the current user... I've tried using these links below, I am able to get the name but not the email (ibm-primaryEmail works locally but not once deployed to an environment with AD) or phone, but can't seem to get it to work with our AD.