Database transfer task from derby to DB2 failed with nullpointerexception - Websphere

This is a discussion on Database transfer task from derby to DB2 failed with nullpointerexception - Websphere ; Hi, I am doing databse transfer from derby to db2 with the help of Infocenter but task failed with error( config\actions\adv_cfg_mgr.xml:315: exception found while building or executing task ). Please can someone help me to fix the issue. Please find ...

  1. Database transfer task from derby to DB2 failed with nullpointerexception

    Hi,
    I am doing databse transfer from derby to db2 with the help of Infocenter but task failed with error( config\actions\adv_cfg_mgr.xml:315: exception found while building or executing task ).

    Please can someone help me to fix the issue. Please find attached log for more details.

    Enviornment details.
    OS: Windows
    Websphere application server :7.0
    Websphere portal : 6.1.0.1,

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. Re: Database transfer task from derby to DB2 failed withnullpointer exception

    Hi,

    Without seeing any logs, I am going to assume that this is during the database-transfer task that the error occurs.

    In the adv_cfg_mgr.xml file, you are failing at a stage where the task is removing datasources. Perhaps the datasources that are queried for removal are not there; have you happened to attempt this task more than once, and clean up the datasources manually? When you edited the wkplc*.properties files, did you happen to update the source.. values to the target database? If so, the source.* values will need to be reset back to Derby values before the task is executed again.

    Hope this helps.

    dmweaver

    The opinions here are my own; they do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM

+ Reply to Thread