Re: Exception during start-up of WebSphere Portal Server- - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Exception during start-up of WebSphere Portal Server- - Websphere ; Is this a cluster? If yes, the WMM files must be synchronized. Did you have both short user name and full DN in wmmWASAdmin.xml? Make sure you have both. Did the Portal startup fail? Sometimes a password in security role ...

  1. Re: Exception during start-up of WebSphere Portal Server-

    Is this a cluster? If yes, the WMM files must be synchronized.

    Did you have both short user name and full DN in wmmWASAdmin.xml? Make sure you have both.

    Did the Portal startup fail? Sometimes a password in security role mapping of an application can also result in error messages.

    Are you able to start WAS (Dmgr or server1 depending on clustered or not) and login?

    -FF

  2. Re: Exception during start-up of WebSphere Portal Server-

    Thanks Fang for your reply.

    *Yes it is a clustered environment.*
    Did you have both short user name and full DN in wmmWASAdmin.xml? Make sure you have both

    *I have the admin logonId=short name in the xml file. do we need to have both DN and other line with short name, just the user id.*

    Did the Portal startup fail? Sometimes a password in security role mapping of an application can also result in error messages.

    *Yes Portal server start up failed.*

    Are you able to start WAS (Dmgr or server1 depending on clustered or not) and login

    *I am not able to start DM server or any of the portal servers in the cluster*

    Let me know if you need more info.

    NA are up, whether Node sync from all the portal server nodes will help.

    Thanks

  3. Re: Exception during start-up of WebSphere Portal Server-

    Please attach the SystemOut.log, security.xml, wmm.xml, and wmmWASAdmin.xml from your Dmgr.

    -FF