    Below are the call-in numbers for the conference calls:

    *Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2009*

    *Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (2:00 PM GMT)*

    North America, Toll free: 866-617-1526
    North America, Toll: 210-795-0624
    Confirmation Code: 7707357

    *International Toll Free Numbers:*
    ARGENTINA 0800-777-0466
    AUSTRALIA ADELAIDE: 1-800-098-380
    AUSTRALIA BRISBANE: 1-800-098-380
    AUSTRALIA CANBERRA: 1-800-098-380
    AUSTRALIA MELBOURNE: 1-800-098-380
    AUSTRALIA PERTH: 1-800-098-380
    AUSTRALIA SYDNEY: 1-800-098-380
    AUSTRIA 0800-677-286
    BELGIUM 0800-4-9718
    BRAZIL 0800-8911991
    CHILE 1230-020-0323
    CHINA* 10800-712-1296
    10800-120-1296
    COLOMBIA 01800-9-156436
    CZECH REPUBLIC 800-700-224
    DENMARK 8088-5430
    ESTONIA 800-011-1131
    FINLAND Land Line: 0-800-1-12828
    FINLAND Mobile: 0-800-1-12828
    FRANCE LYON: 080-510-0983
    FRANCE MARSEILLE: 080-510-0983
    FRANCE PARIS: 080-510-0983
    GERMANY 0800-101-7055
    GREECE 00800-12-6809
    HONG KONG 800-908-208
    HUNGARY 06-800-17568
    INDIA 000-800-852-1228
    INDONESIA 001-803-011-3651
    IRELAND 1800-932-053
    ISRAEL 1-80-9214710
    ITALY 800-906-460
    JAPAN OSAKA: 0034-800-400651
    JAPAN TOKYO: 0034-800-400651
    LATVIA 8000-2927
    LUXEMBOURG
    MALAYSIA 1-800-81-2060
    MEXICO 001-866-839-3438
    NETHERLANDS 0800-343-4364
    NEW ZEALAND 0800-441-333
    NORWAY 800-11118
    PANAMA 011-001-800-5072132
    PERU 0800-53716
    PHILIPPINES
    POLAND 00-800-1211774
    PORTUGAL 8008-60134
    RUSSIA 8-10-8002-0074011
    SINGAPORE 800-120-4247
    SLOVAK REPUBLIC
    SOUTH AFRICA 080-09-92283
    SOUTH KOREA 00798-14800-6607
    SPAIN 800-099-387
    SWEDEN 0200-893-409
    SWITZERLAND 0800-001-214
    TAIWAN 00801-137-661
    THAILAND 001-800-1206-65426
    UNITED KINGDOM BIRMINGHAM: 0800-279-9630
    UNITED KINGDOM GLASGOW: 0800-279-9630
    UNITED KINGDOM LEEDS: 0800-279-9630
    UNITED KINGDOM LONDON: 0800-279-9630
    UNITED KINGDOM MANCHESTER: 0800-279-9630
    URUGUAY 000-413-598-3416

  2. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    How important is performance Portal DB in overall thoughput of portal server ? What measures should be taken to keep Portal DB in its best & how frequently should we do this check ?

    - Rahul Sinha
    Singapore

  3. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    Hi there,

    How would I go about getting a recorded copy of this Open Mic event after the fact? Unfortunately it'll be run at midnight on my side of the pond.

    Regards,

    Gerrod

  4. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    Hi,
    Once the recording is available, a link to the recording will be placed in this announcement.

  5. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    500 pages/sec

    Thanks,

  6. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    How important is logging to performance. We have 5MB of logs written every hour. Viewing a tail on the logs is almost impossible it goes by so fast.

    Would it help performance a lot to reduce this?

  7. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    Is it still true that caching doesn't do much if not every portlet on your page can be cached?

  8. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    The out-of-box 6.1 portal theme has lots of conditional statements to accomodate the theme customizer. Will I receive sizable performance boost by removing these where they're not needed?

  9. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    Is there a way to prune the size of the ICM schema database? My impression is that if you upload files to PDM (in v6.0) and WCM, even if you delete them, they are not deleted from the database. Is there a way to force a "hard delete" of files or older versions of content?

    Thanks!

  10. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    Sorry for posting the questions so late, but here is another one - hope it gets addressed.

    Regarding WCM performance in v6.1,

    * What is a reasonable number of content items in a single library from a performance perspective?
    * What is a reasonable number of total content items in a WCM repository?

    Thanks!

  11. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    How can I ask a question on the call... what is the key combo to get in the queue...

  12. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    To ask a question live please press *1 on your phone.

  13. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    Hi there !
    We have a WP 6.1 in Linux Red Hat 5.1.
    For the JVM, we have defined -Mxm 800Mb.
    Graphics for the GC are ok. We just see the memory growing up and shrinking when needed (no exceeding 800Mb)

    But the problem is with memory consumption in Linux process.
    The heap used for the process is rising up to 2.4 Gb !!! This is very cumbersome for us because it makes our servers swapping a lot...
    If the heap for the JVM is under 800Mb, where is the rest of the memory the Linux process is using ?
    Is there any way to curb the heap memory consumption ? (using java parameters or linux tuning such as ulimits)

    Regards,

  14. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    We have problem with CPU usage on Portal servers. We have two portal server which are in cluster. We have this problem on both servers.
    Problem is that in one moment java process for websphere portal server take all CPU load. What can cause this problem? It happen once per week.

    OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga)

    Kernel version:
    Linux 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:34:19 EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

    Portal version:
    Name IBM WebSphere Portal MultiPlatform
    Version 6.1.0.2
    ID MP
    Build Level wp6102_023_01
    Build Date 04/15/2009

    We have opened PMR 07438,227,000.

    Could you help mus?

  15. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    We have found that threads need to be increased for the
    WebContainer, but are now also increasing threads for the WorkManager.wpsWorkManager. On this call a statement was made that one incoming request may spawn multiple threads.
    1) Can you give more detail on the number of threads spawned by one http request for a portal page?
    2) Also, is that related to the recommendation of db connections = 2x thread pool? And where is this recommendation documented?

  16. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    CacheMonitor, Exteneded Cache Monoitor does not work on Websphere 7.0.0.1 unless you install a fix

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...e_monitor.html

    Servlet caching (via cachespec.xml) is not enabled by default.

    Need this fix:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg1PK78286

  17. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    Hello,
    See technotes:

    - *Recommended ratio of data source connection pool size to WebContainer thread pool size for WebSphere Portal 6.1* at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg21321043

    - *Recommended ratio of data source connection pool size to WebContainer thread pool size for WebSphere Portal 6.0* at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg21319394

    Thank you,
    David Yang
    WebSphere Portal support

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

  18. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    DB performance is very important for the portal, as all the pages and portlets, as well as navigation are stored in the DB.

    There are a number of things, from re-org, to DB maintence tuning that should be done often.

    Please see Page 15 from here for this: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...27013972&aid=2

    - Matt Munse

  19. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    Normal settings
    datasource connection to web container
    2 to 1 for all datasources except JCR
    2.5 to 1 for JCR
    These are the usual recommendations but your environment may dictate you adjust them

  20. Re: Portal V6.1 Performance Tuning Open Mic Call on September 23,2009

    Normal settings
    datasource connection to web container
    2 to 1 for all datasources except JCR
    2.5 to 1 for JCR
    These are the usual recommendations but your environment may dictate you adjust them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast