Wiring Web Content Viewer portlets - Websphere

This is a discussion on Wiring Web Content Viewer portlets - Websphere ; Is it possible to configure portlet 'wiring' between two Web Content Viewer portlets? or between a Web Content Viewer portlet and a Custom JSR168 portlet? I understand the concept of co-operative portlets and wiring between two custom JSR168 portlets. But ...

  1. Wiring Web Content Viewer portlets

    Is it possible to configure portlet 'wiring' between two Web Content Viewer portlets? or between a Web Content Viewer portlet and a Custom JSR168 portlet?

    I understand the concept of co-operative portlets and wiring between two custom JSR168 portlets. But wondering if we can do the same with WebSphere out-of-the-box Web Content Viewer or Local Rendering portlets. If so where do we store the WSDL file for Local Rendering portlet?

    We have a situation where we need to submit a form from a Local Rendering portlet to a custom portlet. So, the source is Local rendering portlet and the destination is Custom portlet.

    I appreciate if you can provide any suggestions or links to any articles on this topic?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Wiring Web Content Viewer portlets

    Hi,

    Cooperatives is not a runtime mechanism. Your portlets need to be designated a Source and a Target during design/creation time only to enable wiring between them on the server.
    For more information on how to create cooperative portlets in RAD, I would recommend you refer to this link
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ra...AGX10&S_CMP=LP
    Right down the article are links to a lot of useful articles on portal/portlet tooling. The one of your interest is "Rapid portal development". It talks in detail about enabling cooperative portlets in RAD.

+ Reply to Thread