how to create a war for the theme using zip compression tool - Websphere

This is a discussion on how to create a war for the theme using zip compression tool - Websphere ; Hi I am trying to create a seperate war file for the themes created in Portal6.1.0.1 I followed the same steps given in IBM infocenter 61.0.1 http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...dgn_crthm.html I created the folder structure accordinly and tried to create war for the ...

  1. how to create a war for the theme using zip compression tool

    Hi
    I am trying to create a seperate war file for the themes created in Portal6.1.0.1
    I followed the same steps given in IBM infocenter 61.0.1

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...dgn_crthm.html

    I created the folder structure accordinly and tried to create war for the theme using a ZIP compression tool.
    I could get either a rar or a zip folder, how can I get a .war file?

    How can I deploy the file on websphere application server if it is a zip file?

    In Portal Console I imported the DeloyTheme.xml(changed the the context root); and could see the my theme added on portal, I can also apply to my portal page.

    But I wanted to create a war and deploy on the application server, any suggestion would be helpful.

    Thanks
    Lilly

  2. Re: how to create a war for the theme using zip compression tool

    I'm wondering why would you like to deploy the theme under the application server instead of the portal server?

  3. Re: how to create a war for the theme using zip compression tool

    HI,
    I was trying to create a seperate war for the themes so I need to deploy the themes war on the app server, to get the theme onto the portal server directly.

    Thanks
    Lilly.

+ Reply to Thread