I have a simple text box and button within my navigation theme, which I want to use in order to send search criteria to the Search Portlet on a different page and view the results.

I am currently using the portal's urlGeneration tag to achieve the desired result, but all I can get it to do so far is to forward me to the Search Page. The search criteria is completely ignored.

When I debug my Portlet (which impls GenericPortlet), I see that my doView() method is called instead of my processAction. I am positive that my contentNode and layoutNode are accurate, but I think my issues lies within the portletParameterType and actionName.

Tag inside my JSP:

I have looked at the documentation, and I am very lost as to the purpose of the actionName attribute within the tag. The primary places of documentation I have looked at are below.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../dgn_link.html (First couple of sections)

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce..._ptlnavig.html (Look for "actionName")

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,