WPS can't authenticate users when one of ldap server unavialable - Websphere

This is a discussion on WPS can't authenticate users when one of ldap server unavialable - Websphere ; Hi, all. I have WPS with wmur-security enabled. When one of ldap server unavialable(network problems, rebooting, etc.) Portal can't authenticate users. I see following message in log file {code}[8/3/09 17:25:20:765 MSD] 00000074 UserRegistryI E SECJ0363E: Cannot create credential for the ...

  1. WPS can't authenticate users when one of ldap server unavialable

    Hi, all.
    I have WPS with wmur-security enabled.
    When one of ldap server unavialable(network problems, rebooting, etc.)
    Portal can't authenticate users. I see following message in log file
    {code}[8/3/09 17:25:20:765 MSD] 00000074 UserRegistryI E SECJ0363E: Cannot create credential for the user TestUser because of the following exception com.ibm.websphere.wmm.exception.WMMSystemException : The following Naming Exception occured during processing: "javax.naming.CommunicationException: myldap.com:389 [Root exception is java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address]".
    at com.ibm.ws.wmm.ldap.LdapRepositoryImpl.search(Ldap RepositoryImpl.java:1322)
    at com.ibm.ws.wmm.ldap.LdapRepositoryImpl.search(Ldap RepositoryImpl.java:1274)
    at com.ibm.ws.wmm.ldap.LdapBeanImpl.search(LdapBeanIm pl.java:4298){code}

    How can I change this behavior, I think that if one of servers unavailable Portal should try to authenticate users in other.

  2. Re: WPS can't authenticate users when one of ldap serverunavialable

    In 6.0, this is working as designed:

    Title: Expected behavior when one repository is down in a federated environment
    Doc #: 1328717

    In 6.1, there is a switch to allow the users in the live registry to continue working:

    Title: What are the consequences of one repository becoming unavailable in a federated environment?
    Doc #: 1320897

    -Brett Gordon (WebSphere Portal L2 Support)

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

+ Reply to Thread