PUMA SPI updating user does not call VMM - Websphere

This is a discussion on PUMA SPI updating user does not call VMM - Websphere ; Hi! I'm currently migrating my WMM to VMM and I have a strange problem. I am updating my user attributes through the Puma SPI. Therfore, I am calling the setAttribute() method on the PumaController: {code} PumaController lPumaController = getPumaHome().getController(); lPortalUser ...

  1. PUMA SPI updating user does not call VMM

    Hi!

    I'm currently migrating my WMM to VMM and I have a strange problem.
    I am updating my user attributes through the Puma SPI.

    Therfore, I am calling the setAttribute() method on the PumaController:
    {code} PumaController lPumaController = getPumaHome().getController();

    lPortalUser = lPumaController.getCurrentUser();

    if (lPortalUser == null) {

    doFunctionalLogging(lFunctionalLogger, null);

    throw new UserManagerException(
    "No PumaUser found in PumaProfile");

    }

    // Store CrmUserModel in PumaUser Attributes
    HashMap lPumaUserAttributeMap = new HashMap();
    lPumaUserAttributeMap.put(USERDATA, pUser);
    if (cLog.isDebugEnabled())
    cLog.debug(lLogMethod + ":: Updating Puma User " + lPortalUser + " with attributes= " + lPumaUserAttributeMap);

    // Update PumaUser Attributes
    lPumaController.setAttributes(lPortalUser, lPumaUserAttributeMap);
    {code}

    What happens? Nothing, except the code is executed, but I don't see any actions except a get() on the VMM API.

    The update() method of my VMM adapter is not executed!

    What am I doing wrong?
    It's really strange...

    thanks
    Christian

  2. Re: PUMA SPI updating user does not call VMM

    I forgot: I am on WPS 6.1.0.2 with WAS 7.0.0.3

  3. Re: PUMA SPI updating user does not call VMM

    Hm, but am I on the right way or do I miss something?

  4. Re: PUMA SPI updating user does not call VMM

    Hm, maybe I need to assign specific rights for updating the user for the logged in user?

  5. Re: PUMA SPI updating user does not call VMM

    Ok, the Puma Engine could not detect that my custom user attribute was changed. I opened a PMR for this.

  6. Re: PUMA SPI updating user does not call VMM

    Ok, I am using my own thread for another problem regarding the profile update.

    I'm setting the pUser Object in the Attribute Map.
    It's reaching my VMM update() Method now, but the problem is, that it's just a string in the dataobject and I cannot deserialize it anymore.

    Why is the Puma/VMM transfering it as a String? How can I avoid this and get my Object Type?

    thanks
    Christian

+ Reply to Thread