Portal User Inactivity. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal User Inactivity. - Websphere ; Hi. I was recently asked by a customer that was using Portal how they could create some batch process to go through the Portal User registry to check whether a user last login attribute could be checked and if it ...

  1. Portal User Inactivity.

    Hi.
    I was recently asked by a customer that was using Portal how they could create some batch process to go through the Portal User registry to check whether a user last login attribute could be checked and if it was longer than a certain period, for the account to be deactivated.

    From what I understand, Portal uses WAS's user registry for authentication and the portal database contains other attributes of the user that relate more to the portal, groups etc for the Portal/portlets.

    Firstly, is this correct - could authentication to the portal be outside of WAS?
    Secondly, if it does use WAS, does anyony know if there is an attribute that captures the last login date?
    I know if TAMeb were placed in front of this, then we could manage the user inactivity automatically, but because they do not use TAMeb they are looking to write some batch script that will read the 'user registry' or the 'portal database' - which ever one has this information. I know in inetOrgPerson objectclass this doesn't exist - but could this be extended?

  2. Re: Portal User Inactivity.

    I think Portal database does store Last Login time of each user