Portal61 express failed to start completely - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal61 express failed to start completely - Websphere ; I am new to portal and read the following in the tutorial. "WebSphere Portal Express may fail to start if it is configured to use DB2 while the database instance is stopped." I do have my portal configured to use ...

  1. Portal61 express failed to start completely

    I am new to portal and read the following in the tutorial.

    "WebSphere Portal Express may fail to start if it is configured to use DB2 while the database instance is stopped."

    I do have my portal configured to use DB2 but I do not know how to start it. When I just started the Portal server instance "WebSphere_Portal", it said that it cannot connect to the DB on port 50000.

  2. Re: Portal61 express failed to start completely

    Command Line Processor. On the command prompt that comes up, type in db2start and press enter.

    Finally on Windows you can also try and start the associated DB2 services from the Windows service manager. They will all start with "DB2 -".

    On Linux, the easiest way is to login as root, su to the db instance ID (wpdb2ins by default) and execute db2start.

    Hope that helps!

    ~HT

  3. Re: Portal61 express failed to start completely

    Thanks for the response. I am using linux. I am sucessfully able to bring up Db2 with your help and also the portal console.

+ Reply to Thread