Authoring portlet problem - Websphere

This is a discussion on Authoring portlet problem - Websphere ; webContent Managment) am able to view the webcontent managment page ,but on the second node nothing is displayed on webcontent managment page( its blank page). when i click on webcontent managment page , i get error on second node. The ...

  1. Authoring portlet problem

    webContent Managment) am able to view the webcontent managment page ,but on the second node nothing is displayed on webcontent managment page( its blank page).

    when i click on webcontent managment page , i get error on second node. The SystemOut.log , trace.log and SystemErr.log has been attached.

    I tried to configure authoring portlet using configure-wcm-authoring, did activate-portlet but the problem exists.

  2. Re: Authoring portlet problem

    Do you have "content" install on both nodes?

    Try "ConfigEngine.sh update-wcm" on the second node and restart Portal.

    -FF

  3. Re: Authoring portlet problem

    yes , content is installed on both nodes. if i run this command update-wcm then will it disturb the existing content or it wont affect anything.

    i mean most of the portlets in home page are WCM Content , if i run this update-wcm will it affect my home page

  4. Re: Authoring portlet problem

    It shouldn't not cause any trouble. Basically the task updates the authoring and rendering portlets.

    -FF

  5. Re: Authoring portlet problem

    I executed the update-wcm command , but still the problem exists on one node and now also it is throwing the same exception.

    Is there any work around for this.

  6. Re: Authoring portlet problem

    You may want to post this to the WCM forum, or open a PMR.
    WCM forum is at
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/fo...pa?forumID=452

    -FF