Configure WebSphere Portal to perform authentication of users - Websphere

This is a discussion on Configure WebSphere Portal to perform authentication of users - Websphere ; Hi, I´m trying to configure WebSphere Portal to perform authentication of users on the site. I need configure authentication with user and password and client certificate (certificate or identity card valid electronic). ¿How can I do it? I found a ...

  1. Configure WebSphere Portal to perform authentication of users

    Hi,

    I´m trying to configure WebSphere Portal to perform authentication of users on the site. I need configure authentication with user and password and client certificate (certificate or identity card valid electronic). ¿How can I do it? I found a note in the documentation of WebSphere seems to discourage the simultaneous use of a certificate and user and password for authentication.

    Does anyone has done it or have experience in this?

    The note is in http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../certauth.html

    Thank,

    Toñi

  2. Re: Configure WebSphere Portal to perform authentication of users

    Sorry, you are correct. This is currently not supported.
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../certauth.html

  3. Re: Configure WebSphere Portal to perform authentication of users

    Thanks for your confirmation, but Is there some way to make it without losing the WebSphere ‘s support?

    We can do this using two instances of Portal Server. To login with a certificate and one for form-based login via username and password.

  4. Re: Configure WebSphere Portal to perform authentication of users

    Of course there is Tivoli WebSeal that can help you..

    If you want to do it yourself, I think you can create your own 'reverse proxy' in a separate websphere application.
    One WebApp that can handel client certificates (through web.xml).
    OntherOne for form based login.

  5. Re: Configure WebSphere Portal to perform authentication of users

    Hi MJonker

    Can you give me some documentation for this configuration or any examples of this using Tivoli WebSeal?

    Thanks you

+ Reply to Thread