Invoking lotus agent on server domino from MQ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Invoking lotus agent on server domino from MQ? - Websphere ; Is it possible to invoke a lotus agent (to run on server domino) from an event of MQ (such as a trigger)? I would like to implement an automatism that when a message is received MQ invokes an agent on ...

  1. Invoking lotus agent on server domino from MQ?

    Is it possible to invoke a lotus agent (to run on server domino) from an event of MQ (such as a trigger)?

    I would like to implement an automatism that when a message is received MQ invokes an agent on a domino server (on the same hw) that will process that message.

    Any suggest?

    I'm a Lotus programmer and obv. I'm a very newbie in Websphere MQ.

    Many thanks,

    Roberto

  2. Re: Invoking lotus agent on server domino from MQ?

    MQ triggering can potentially start any command line process on the system where the Queue Manager is running. The process is then supposed to consume the message(s) from the triggered queue.

    HTH, Glenn

  3. Re: Invoking lotus agent on server domino from MQ?

    So, if MQ triggering can potentially start any command line process on the system where the Queue Manager is running I'll be able to run a Lotus agent with this command: {code}nserver –c “tell amgr run "dbcustomer.nsf" 'agentUpdateFromMQ”{code}

    Many thanks Glenn.

    Bye

  4. Re: Invoking lotus agent on server domino from MQ?

    Yeah, though you may have security and operational issues to sort out with the mqm userid running this program. How is the MQ message going to be consumed?

  5. Re: Invoking lotus agent on server domino from MQ?

    Now is quit a bit premature for me to know how the MQ message will be consumed.

    I'm just analyzing the opportunities that MQ can offers to find the best way to reorganize our old and unreliable link between DB2 UDB (As400) and Lotus Domino.

    Many thanks Glenn for your attention, we'll write again!

    Roberto

  6. Re: Invoking lotus agent on server domino from MQ?

    hi iam new to this MQ field actually what is lotus agent and why do we need to invoke on server domino

  7. Re: Invoking lotus agent on server domino from MQ?

    A lotus agent is just another application that MQ would be able to trigger, it doesn't know or care anything special about it.

    HTH, Glenn.

+ Reply to Thread