Connection problems with MQSeries server and clients. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Connection problems with MQSeries server and clients. - Websphere ; Hello, I developp an application in C++ and MQSeries v6. I want to connect my application to one distant server with QManager but also sometimes to my local PC (with its own QManager). So I must compil my application with ...

  1. Connection problems with MQSeries server and clients.

    Hello,

    I developp an application in C++ and MQSeries v6.
    I want to connect my application to one distant server with QManager but also sometimes to my local PC (with its own QManager).
    So I must compil my application with
    - imqc23vn and imqb23vn library (server connection)
    - imqs23vn and imqb23vn library (local connection)

    My question is can I have one application (one compil) which works for both ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Connection problems with MQSeries server and clients.

    Yes, compile it with the "client" library (imqc23vn) and use this mode of connection for both your local queue manager and the queue manager on the distant server.

    You will need to define a SVRCONN type channel on the queue managers. Best practise is to use a different channel name for each queue manager so that it is quite clear which one is in use at any given time.

    A suggestion is to define both the CLNTCONN channels in a CCDT file and set the environment so the app uses this file. The app can then choose the queue manager merely by specifying its name when it connects to MQ.

    See the "WebSphere MQ Clients V6.0" manual for details.

    BTW, "MQSeries V6" does not exist, the "MQSeries" product name went out of use with the introduction of V5.3, when the product was rebranded as "WebSphere MQ". Today, its mostly referred to as MQ or WMQ.

    HTH, Glenn.

  3. Re: Connection problems with MQSeries server and clients.

    Thanks for your help.

    So I compiled my app with client library. I defined one queue manager on the distant server (named QM_TEST) and one SRVCONN (named CANAL_CONNEX_SERV).
    In local, there is one queue manager QM_TEST an one SRVCONN channel (named CONNEX_SERV).
    For both, there are 2 Queue (FILEE, FILER).
    The connection parameters are in a .INI file which is read in my app for connection to the mq server (distant or local) with this parameters.
    The connection work correctly with distant mq server however it does not work in my local queue manager.

    Please, find attach to this post a copy of queue manager response (in french...).

    Pascal

  4. Re: Connection problems with MQSeries server and clients.

    My friend translate.google.com did a translation to English:

    EXPLANATION:
    The attempt to talk via TCP / IP with the host 'ITEM-54995 (172.30.70.171)
    (1416) 'failed. It may be a transient error and the conversation
    via TCP / IP will probably be made later.
    ACTION:
    Wait a minute, then reconnect you. If the problem persists, record
    data associated with the error and contact your administrator
    system. The return code returned by TCP / IP is 10061 (X'274D '). It is possible
    that the host is not able to connect to the specified target host. It
    is also possible that the listening host 'ITEM-54995
    (172.30.70.171) (1416) 'is inactive. In this case, start the program
    listening TCP / IP and again.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...68(VS.85).aspx tells me that
    winsock error 10061 is
    "Connection refused.
    No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host—that is, one with no server application running."

    I would suspect that there is no MQ Listener running on the local port that you are connecting to, or its being blocked by a local firewall.

    HTH, Glenn.

+ Reply to Thread