What Type of Clustering for T24 - Websphere

This is a discussion on What Type of Clustering for T24 - Websphere ; My environment is described in the attached image. 1- T24 is an Enterprise Banking Application. 2- In T24.war i provide all the information of MQ Server (listener port, Channel name, Queue, reply Queue and QmgrName). 3- On T24 Server listener ...

  1. What Type of Clustering for T24

    My environment is described in the attached image.

    1- T24 is an Enterprise Banking Application.
    2- In T24.war i provide all the information of MQ Server (listener port, Channel name, Queue, reply Queue and QmgrName).
    3- On T24 Server listener is runnning. As messages is arrived in Queue T24 Server receive it, process it and put reply in reply queue.
    4- T24.war recieve it and reply send to browser.

    *Limitation: It is limitation of T24 application that T24.war can put message on only ONE MQ server. we Can not specify multiple MQ Servers in T24.war.*

    Now i want to setup MQ Cluster to Loading Balancing, High Availability and FailOver. What Type of MQ- Clustering i applicable in the Evironment? Simple Clustering, Clustering with multiple Queue Instances, Clustering using shared file system or any other.

    -Arif

  2. Re: What Type of Clustering for T24

    I'm surprised you would post about the architecture of an enterprise banking system on a public forum! MQ Clustering provides load balancing and fail-over, but it does not provide HA on its own, although it can work in concert with other HA-CMP solutions. Do some searching on mqseries.net, there are heaps of threads about clustering and HA over there.

    HTH, Glenn.

  3. Re: What Type of Clustering for T24

    I have provided a general architecture.

    Please tell how can i setup failover for MQ because my application (T24.war) can communicate with only one MQ. See Image, if i have 2 MQ server and one MQ becomes down then i have to change the configuration for MQ server in the application (means in .war file) and restart the application then it will start putting message on 2nd MQ. so during restart application is not available. So what can be the solution for automatic failover so that when one MQ goes down other MQ server get message from application.

    No matter if it does not privide HA. but in my case i m not getting failover too.

    - Arif

  4. Re: What Type of Clustering for T24

    I m not getting that functionality of MQ CLustering which i m that is automatic failover.

  5. Re: What Type of Clustering for T24

    Dear,
    I m very much clear and your second solution (using MQ client) is more suitable for me. Just tell me any document or link to work with MQ Client CCDT file.

    but there is problem with this solution that the machine on which QM client is installed is single point of failure. Both Qmgrs are running but what to do if client fails.

    Regard,

    Arif

+ Reply to Thread