How to send a message to a queue on MQ cluster ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to send a message to a queue on MQ cluster ? - Websphere ; I am a beginner from IBM MQ technique. but then my issue is how to send a message to a queue of MQ cluster and then make a copy on each node of cluster. I have no more ideas upon ...

  1. How to send a message to a queue on MQ cluster ?

    I am a beginner from IBM MQ technique. but then my issue is how to send a message to a queue of MQ cluster and then make a copy on each node of cluster. I have no more ideas upon the solution and programming styles. Any one could give me more suggestion or materials upon the solution and development? any help will be appriciated!

    Best regards

    Allen CHANG

    MSN (zhangbwnewyork@hotmail.com)

  2. Re: How to send a message to a queue on MQ cluster ?

    Hi Allen. MQ clustering is not designed to send messages to a local queues that exists on many nodes (aka Queue Managers) of the cluster. MQ Clustering is for work-load balancing and automatic fail-over. ie. You send one message and it goes to one of the nodes and you don't know which one it is, and don't care.

    You can actually open a clustered queue on a specific node and put msgs to it, but that's not how MQ is normally used. You can also using the "distribution list" feature of MQ to multi-cast messages, but that requires the sending app to have intimate knowledge of the receiving nodes, which is not a good design idea.

    I think you actually want to do publish/subscribe messaging rather than point-to-point. ie. You put one message to a MQ topic string, and then MQ delivers it to all subscribers that are waiting on each of the nodes.

    Look at the IBM Redbook "WebSphere MQ V7.0 New Features & Enhancements" for an explanation of these solutions and programming styles.

    HTH, Glenn.

  3. Re: How to send a message to a queue on MQ cluster ?

    You may also try Distribution List feature. It allows you to send your message to multiple destinations in a single MQPUT1 call. MQ software comes with a sample program for Distribution List, look for 'amqsptl0'.

  4. Re: How to send a message to a queue on MQ cluster ?

    Hi, buddy, Gllens is correct. The MQ Cluster is not like the J2EE Cluster or the Stand By backup database. It doesn't support to copy/store the same message to different queue managers,

    Could you tell us what your aim is? Why do you hope to store copies to another queue?

    Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread