Outbound Queue Creation through programmatically - Websphere

This is a discussion on Outbound Queue Creation through programmatically - Websphere ; Hi all, How do create outbound queue programmatically in IBM WAS using any IBM API ? Thanks m.lakshmipathy...

  1. Outbound Queue Creation through programmatically

    Hi all,

    How do create outbound queue programmatically in IBM WAS using any IBM API ?

    Thanks
    m.lakshmipathy

  2. Re: Outbound Queue Creation through programmatically

    queue? Are you referring to queues in WebSphere MQ? Normally an "outbound" queue will already exist as a Local Queue object, so that the consumer app can open it and watch it for incoming messages. You can create a new "inbound" queue (eg. for synchronous reply messages) by opening a MQ Model Queue object, which creates a Permanent Dynamic Queue or a Temporary Dynamic Queue. Glenn.

  3. Re: Outbound Queue Creation through programmatically

    Hi Glenns thank you for your reply.

    My outbound queue will be created in Websphere mq explorer for that queue the data will come from my EJB(JMS) application.My Application is deployed in WAS.Now i am configuring my Message Service Listener,queue session factory to my outbound queue in WAS.

    These configuration can i do through programmatically Is there any IBM API ?

    Thanks
    m.lakshmipathy

  4. Re: Outbound Queue Creation through programmatically

    The MQ local queue can be created programmatically using the WMQ PCF interface, but its not a good idea to do it this way because it requires MQ administration authorisation, and generally apps should not have this authority. See the WMQ Programmable Command Formats and Administration Interface manual.

    The queue can be created via a command line script using the runmqsc program. See the WMQ Script MQSC Command Reference manual. This is the preferred method, as the config can be fully scripted and re-run by the MQ administrators in each environment as the app life cycle progresses (dev, test, uat, preprod, prod).

    Sorry, I can't answer regarding scripted config of WAS deployment or MSL & session factory config.

    HTH, Glenn.

+ Reply to Thread