IHS with WAS - Websphere

This is a discussion on IHS with WAS - Websphere ; Hello, I am developing a web app using RAD and am using IHS for ldap authentication of the users. I have modified all my HTTPS conf files but the authentication never works. Should I be creating some type of a ...

  1. IHS with WAS

    Hello,

    I am developing a web app using RAD and am using IHS for ldap authentication of the users. I have modified all my HTTPS conf files but the authentication never works. Should I be creating some type of a connection between IHS and WAS? I am new to this whole thing and I might have missed a small basic part.

    I am using this action in my login form:
    +action=""+

    I edited the web.xml file to redirect to two different pages(login accepted and login failed)

    I then started my IHS and WAS and opened the login page but the login always fails.

    I used to use Tomcat and the source code is working fine, I am not sure what I should change in order to make it work in WAS and IHS

    Do you have any comments or suggestions? I am not sure if I set up my ldap correctly..

  2. Re: IHS with WAS

    husams@ca.ibm.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am developing a web app using RAD and am using IHS for ldap
    > authentication of the users. I have modified all my HTTPS conf files
    > but the authentication never works. Should I be creating some type of
    > a connection between IHS and WAS? I am new to this whole thing and I
    > might have missed a small basic part.
    >
    > I am using this action in my login form: +action=""+
    >
    > I edited the web.xml file to redirect to two different pages(login
    > accepted and login failed)
    >
    > I then started my IHS and WAS and opened the login page but the login
    > always fails.

    When you ask IHS to authenticate via LDAP over HTTP Basic
    Authentication, it has nothing to do with any forms-based login in your
    enterprise application.

    --
    Eric Covener

+ Reply to Thread