Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs - Websphere

This is a discussion on Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs - Websphere ; Hi, Is it possible to have multiple WebSphere application servers running on the same machine listening to the same port number bound to different IP addresses? If so how do we set it up? Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks!...

  1. Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs

    Hi,

    Is it possible to have multiple WebSphere application servers running on the same machine listening to the same port number bound to different IP addresses? If so how do we set it up?

    Any help is greatly appreciated
    Thanks!

  2. Re: Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs

    To be more clear, I wanted to know if it is really possible for there to be two running instances of websphere app server both listening to port xyz on a single OS that could be configured to bind to different IP addresses.

    Thanks!

  3. Re: Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs

    Neither have I tried this myself nor do I know if this is a supported configuration but this is definitely worth trying.

    My 2 cents...You could give the NIC multiple IPs and make a DNS entry with the corresponding hostname for each IP. Install the product and then change serverindex.xml to reflect the appropriate hostname/IP. It may or may not work...but alteast we learnt something!

  4. Re: Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs

    That facility has been in the product for a while now - catching up
    with things like the old DCE/TX Series RPC_SUPPORTED_NETADDRS
    variable.
    Select the application server in the admin console, under container
    settings, select web container settings, web container transport
    chains, WCInboundDefault (if you're just dealing with HTTP, do this
    again for WCInboundDefaultSecure as well if you're also doing SSL),
    then click on the TCP Inbound Channel link. Within the panel that
    exposes, you will see "Address include list " and "Hostname include
    list" panels.
    Put the IP address you want this JVM to use in the include list, put
    the others in the exclude list (or, perhaps rather better, use the
    equivalent hostname panels) and that should do it.

    Hope that helps.

    Pete Bennett
    Distributed Systems Professional Services Ltd.
    Middleware Consulting and Training.
    www.dsps.net
    www.middleware-dsps.blogspot.com

    On Sep 1, 10:04*pm, sma...@bdna.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to have multiple WebSphere application servers running on the same machine listening to the same port number bound to different IP addresses? If so how do we set it up?
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated
    > Thanks!

  5. Re: Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs

    Hi, I have not tried this scenario in WebSphere, but i have tried this scenario with WebServer(iPlanet). Its working well..

  6. Re: Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs

    Thank you for the response.

    I'll definitely try this out. So in serverindex.xml, I must change the value of attribute 'host' below to appropriate hostname/IP. Is that right?

    Guess I hadn't paid mush attention to this file before, today I noticed that some of the variables show a valid host name (Ex: tomochan-vm1 below) while some just say "*" in the same serverindex file. Can anybody explain why and how the 'host' value is used and why does it differ.

    Thanks much.

  7. Re: Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs

    Hi,
    I have not tried this scenario in WebSphere, but i have tried this scenario with WebServer(iPlanet).
    Its working well..

    How did you accomplish this with WebServer(iPlanet). I don't know much about WebServer(iPlanet) but would it be something similar in WebSphere also (if you have worked with WebSphere)?

    Thanks!

  8. Re: Multiple WebSphere App Servers bound to different IPs

    You should take a look at this.. I use it all the time on WebSphere on z/OS..
    Last updated: Aug 28, 2009 4:13:09 PM CDT
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ltiplenic.html

+ Reply to Thread