is any way to get JNDI Data source of different server - Websphere

This is a discussion on is any way to get JNDI Data source of different server - Websphere ; Hi all, I have a question if i am not wrong. is there any way get the list of JNDI data source of server1 from server2 ? suppose server1 is Apache Tomcat and serve2 is IBM WAS. Thanks in advance ...

  1. is any way to get JNDI Data source of different server

    Hi all,

    I have a question if i am not wrong.
    is there any way get the list of JNDI data source of server1 from server2 ?
    suppose server1 is Apache Tomcat and serve2 is IBM WAS.

    Thanks in advance

    Kumar

  2. Re: is any way to get JNDI Data source of different server

    Kumar,

    If both servers are WAS, I think the answer is yes, if they trust each-
    other.
    With server 1 being Tomcat, I don't know if Tomcat has a network port
    upon which it listens for incoming JNDI lookup requests, if it does,
    you can, if it doesn't (and I've just had a look in the WROX Tomcat 6
    book, and can't find any mention of such a thing) then you can't. You
    might have this facility added, if you have put in your own JNDI
    lifecycle listener in Tomcat, then you probably can.

    Pete Bennett
    Distributed Systems Professional Services
    Middleware Consulting and Training
    www.dsps.net
    www.middleware-dsps.blogspot.com

    On Sep 1, 5:01*pm, kumarpsinha wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a question if i am not wrong.
    > is there any way get the list of JNDI data source of server1 from server2?
    > suppose server1 is Apache Tomcat and serve2 is IBM WAS.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Kumar

+ Reply to Thread