Precompile JSPs when deploying with WebSphere Rapid Deployment - Websphere

This is a discussion on Precompile JSPs when deploying with WebSphere Rapid Deployment - Websphere ; Hi There, Does anyone know if it's possible to have WebSphere 7 precompile JSPs when deploying with WebSphere Rapid Deployment? Thanks, Everett...

  1. Precompile JSPs when deploying with WebSphere Rapid Deployment

    Hi There,

    Does anyone know if it's possible to have WebSphere 7 precompile JSPs when deploying with WebSphere Rapid Deployment?

    Thanks,
    Everett

  2. Re: Precompile JSPs when deploying with WebSphere Rapid Deployment

    I think there is, in a console based deployment.
    I tend not to use it though, preferring to run the JSPBatchCompiler on
    the application after deployment.
    Anyway, if you decide to install a new enterprise application, make
    sure you select the detailed install option, then the option is right
    there at the top of the Step 1: Select installation options
    'Precompile JavaServer Pages files.

    As I say, I never do that during the install, always do it afterwards.

    Peter Bennett
    DSPS
    www.dsps.net
    www.middleware-dsps.blogspot.com

    On Aug 29, 2:20*am, toezeus wrote:
    > Hi There,
    >
    > Does anyone know if it's possible to have WebSphere 7 precompile JSPs when deploying with WebSphere Rapid Deployment?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Everett

  3. Re: Precompile JSPs when deploying with WebSphere Rapid Deployment

    So, what are the benefits of doing later time or any particular
    reasons?

    thanks,
    ocnt.

    On Sep 1, 11:14*am, DSPS wrote:
    > I think there is, in a console based deployment.
    > I tend not to use it though, preferring to run the JSPBatchCompiler on
    > the application after deployment.
    > Anyway, if you decide to install a new enterprise application, make
    > sure you select the detailed install option, then the option is right
    > there at the top of the Step 1: Select installation options
    > 'Precompile JavaServer Pages files.
    >
    > As I say, I never do that during the install, always do it afterwards.
    >
    > Peter Bennett
    > DSPSwww.dsps.netwww.middleware-dsps.blogspot.com
    >
    > On Aug 29, 2:20*am, toezeus wrote:

  4. Re: Precompile JSPs when deploying with WebSphere Rapid Deployment

    I tend to do it for a few reasons.
    Historical accident / precedent - I seem to remember that if a
    programmer left a JSP in an EAR and it failed to compile, there was a
    version of WAS where that caused the deployment to fail, so I'd leave
    it out and just accept that the dummy JSP should be removed later.
    Ever since then, I've avoided doing the JSP compilation in the
    deployment step.
    JSP compilation is logically not part of deployment.
    Deployment takes a lot longer, you can get the application going much
    more swiftly if you don't compile all the JSPs, some of which might
    not even be used very often.
    You can compile the JSPs in a planned way, by module or by individual
    files to bring more important services into rapid response earlier.
    It just seems more elegant.

    Pete Bennett
    Distributed Systems Professional Services
    Middleware Consulting and Training

    On Sep 1, 5:46*pm, jsmkws wrote:
    > So, what are the benefits of doing later time or any particular
    > reasons?
    >
    > thanks,
    > ocnt.

+ Reply to Thread