need help for installing WAS V6.1 through silent mode - Websphere

This is a discussion on need help for installing WAS V6.1 through silent mode - Websphere ; Dear All, am trying to install WAS V6.1 through silent mode by responsefile.nd.txt... here in v6.1 they changed more in responsefile and given different responsefile for dmgr, standard alone servers... My problem is when am trying to install through silent ...

  1. need help for installing WAS V6.1 through silent mode

    Dear All,

    am trying to install WAS V6.1 through silent mode by responsefile.nd.txt... here in v6.1 they changed more in responsefile and given different responsefile for dmgr, standard alone servers... My problem is when am trying to install through silent it was not happening after following the guideline given by IBM offcouse its not clear.. could any one help me on this

    -OPT PROF_defaultPorts=
    -OPT PROF_portsFile=

    like these options what we need to give in the response file they said that we need to create an file for ports but am not getting how can i...

  2. Re: need help for installing WAS V6.1 through silent mode

    Hi,

    You can follow the instuction here to use response file and options in it
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...elcome_nd.html

  3. Re: need help for installing WAS V6.1 through silent mode

  4. Re: need help for installing WAS V6.1 through silent mode

    On Aug 27, 5:25*pm, db2leuo wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > * * *am trying to install WAS V6.1 through silent mode by responsefile.nd.txt... here in v6.1 they changed more in responsefile and given different responsefile for dmgr, standard alone servers... My problem is when am trying to install through silent it was not happening after following theguideline given by IBM offcouse its not clear.. could any one help me on this
    >
    > -OPT PROF_defaultPorts=
    > -OPT PROF_portsFile=
    >
    > * like these options what we need to give in the response file they said that we need to create an file for ports but am not getting how can i...

    ibm.software.websphere.application-server
    Use Cell profile
    No need to define ports in the response file ..let websphere take the
    ports ..later you can edit ports if any conflicts..

    http://www.wascertify.getbegin.com/k...stallation.htm

+ Reply to Thread