Control which file types WAS handles - Websphere

This is a discussion on Control which file types WAS handles - Websphere ; Hey all, I have a pretty standard Websphere 7/IHS7 out of the box setup. IHS7 is configured to work with WAS7 through plugin-cfg.xml and it is working just fine. The problem is that I want WAS to handle all requests ...

  1. Control which file types WAS handles

    Hey all,

    I have a pretty standard Websphere 7/IHS7 out of the box setup. IHS7 is configured to work with WAS7 through plugin-cfg.xml and it is working just fine. The problem is that I want WAS to handle all requests from IHS except .cgi extensions. So in my plugin-cfg.xml file, I have a URI defined as "/*" which works. Is there any way that I can now add an exception to prevent IHS from routing requests for cgi files to WAS?

    Basically I want a rule which says "all files types except cgi"? Is this possible?

    Any response is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks a lot,
    Raj

  2. Re: Control which file types WAS handles

    Not sure I have fully understood your request, by the way the problem should be at the opposite: normally only certain request are routed from the plugin to the application server based on plugin-cfg.xml files.

    If I' m not in error, cgi request are normally managed by the Http Server. Check the plugin-cfg.xml file content.

+ Reply to Thread