Can my application use connection factories or Activationspecifications - Websphere

This is a discussion on Can my application use connection factories or Activationspecifications - Websphere ; Hi, I m using an application which puts and gets messages from/on WebSphere MQ. Configuration parameter values for MQ Server like( Qmgr Name, listener Port, Channel Name, Queue Names etc) and manually specified in a xml file which resides in ...

  1. Can my application use connection factories or Activationspecifications

    Hi,

    I m using an application which puts and gets messages from/on WebSphere MQ. Configuration parameter values for MQ Server like( Qmgr Name, listener Port, Channel Name, Queue Names etc) and manually specified in a xml file which resides in WEB-INF directory of .WAR file.

    Now i want to use WAS7 to use CCDT files for mq connection but i m not sure wheather my application can use connection factories or Activation Specifications objects ot not. *How can i confim that any particular application (means its .WAR file) and use connection factories or Activation Specifications objects.*

    Arif

  2. Re: Can my application use connection factories or Activationspecifications

    Hi.

    Activation specifications are only for use by message driven beans. So, given that you only have a war file, you cannot make use of activation specifications.
    You however can make full use of connection factories to connect to WMQ by making use of the WebSphere MQ messaging provider. More information is available here:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...qprovider.html

    Regards, Matt.

+ Reply to Thread