Firewall ports - Websphere

This is a discussion on Firewall ports - Websphere ; I was asked as WAS admin to provide the firewall team what firewall ports will be opened from WebSphere. I need the list of firewall ports that can be opened from or to WebSphere v7. For example I know Oracle ...

  1. Firewall ports

    I was asked as WAS admin to provide the firewall team what firewall ports will be opened from WebSphere. I need the list of firewall ports that can be opened from or to WebSphere v7. For example I know Oracle will have port 1521 etc.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Firewall ports

    On Aug 5, 11:20*am, fahi...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I was asked as WAS admin to provide the firewall team what firewall portswill be opened from WebSphere. I need the list of firewall ports that can be opened from or to WebSphere v7. For example I know Oracle will have port1521 etc.
    >
    > Thanks

    You're not putting the app server in the DMZ are you?

  3. Re: Firewall ports

    first of all, it depends
    second, all the WAS-ports are configurable
    third, about Oracle ports one should better ask DBA and not WAS admin

    Cheers

  4. Re: Firewall ports

    fahiyes@gmail.com wrote:
    > I was asked as WAS admin to provide the firewall team what firewall ports will be opened from WebSphere. I need the list of firewall ports that can be opened from or to WebSphere v7. For example I know Oracle will have port 1521 etc.
    >
    > Thanks

    All possible ports that WebSphere could use to connect to other systems
    would be

    Every Possible Port.

    Ken

  5. Re: Firewall ports

    Katran thanks for the reply. I know all the WAS ports are configurable specially the internal ports 9060 etc. but what i am looking for is list of external ports that WAS connects to in a firewall environment such as ldap 389 etc... Also do I need to tell the firewall team that the internal WAS ports should also be opened ie 9060

    Thanks

  6. Re: Firewall ports

    Please explain the environment in greater detail. e.g. Is there a firewall
    between HTTP server and Application Server? Is there a firewall between
    application server node and Deployment Manager (If you are using ND), etc.

    - Sunit

    wrote in message
    news:121713898.1249489241165.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was009.sby.ibm.com...
    > I was asked as WAS admin to provide the firewall team what firewall ports
    > will be opened from WebSphere. I need the list of firewall ports that can
    > be opened from or to WebSphere v7. For example I know Oracle will have
    > port 1521 etc.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread