WAS 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.1 - Websphere ; I have a cgi file that I need my Application to execute. It is located on a directory on my AIX 5.3 server. I hear there is a way to let WebSphere have the rights to execute that file if ...

  1. WAS 6.1

    I have a cgi file that I need my Application to execute. It is located on a directory on my AIX 5.3 server. I hear there is a way to let WebSphere have the rights to execute that file if give the right url. I want to know how do you and where do you set that up at under WebSphere 6.1? Example: https://localhost:447/Alliastodir/test.cgi I need to have WebSphere execute a script like that. HOW!

  2. Re: WAS 6.1

    On Aug 5, 9:58*am, JAC...@PANTEX.COM wrote:
    > I have a cgi file that I need my Application to execute. It is located ona directory on my AIX 5.3 server. I hear there is a way to let WebSphere have the rights to execute that file if give the right url. I want to know how do you and where do you set that up at under WebSphere 6.1? Example:https://localhost:447/Alliastodir/test.cgiI need to have WebSphere execute a script like that. HOW!

    Is this what you're looking for?

    http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.net/Post.html

  3. Re: WAS 6.1

    JACROW@PANTEX.COM wrote:
    > I have a cgi file that I need my Application to execute. It is located on a directory on my AIX 5.3 server. I hear there is a way to let WebSphere have the rights to execute that file if give the right url. I want to know how do you and where do you set that up at under WebSphere 6.1? Example: https://localhost:447/Alliastodir/test.cgi I need to have WebSphere execute a script like that. HOW!

    WebSphere Application Server cannot execute a cgi.

    IBM HTTP Server (based on Apache) probably can, but an Apache newsgroup
    will be a better place to ask questions.

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread