Deploying axis2 in WebSphere 7 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Deploying axis2 in WebSphere 7 - Websphere ; Hi, I'm trying to deploy axis2 1.4.1 war in WebSphere, but without any luck so far. It works just fine under 6.1, but has some issue with 7. Attached is classloader report. I defined parent last option, but somehow I ...

  1. Deploying axis2 in WebSphere 7

    Hi,

    I'm trying to deploy axis2 1.4.1 war in WebSphere, but without any luck so far. It works just fine under 6.1, but has some issue with 7.

    Attached is classloader report. I defined parent last option, but somehow I get axis2 classes loaded from bundle comming with WAS.

    org.apache.axis2.AxisFault file: / opt / IBM / WebSphere / AppServer / plugins / org.apache.axis2.jar false
    org.apache.axis2.addressing.AddressingConstants file: / opt / IBM / WebSphere / AppServer / plugins / org.apache.axis2.jar true
    org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException file: / opt / IBM / WebSphere / AppServer / plugins / org.apache.axis2.jar false
    org.apache.axis2.description.HandlerDescription file: / opt / IBM / WebSphere / AppServer / plugins / org.apache.axis2.jar

    Probably this is the reason for my webapp to fail initialization with:
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java: 72)
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.j ava:134)
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
    at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.pro cessMessageBuilders(DescriptionBuilder.java:230)
    at org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.proc essMessageBuilders(AxisConfigBuilder.java:738)
    ... 26 more

    Is this a bug in WAS? Or a configuration issue?

    Thanks,
    Stoil

  2. Re: Deploying axis2 in WebSphere 7

    Stoil,

    Please see the following tech notes:
    http://davanum.wordpress.com/2009/03...-co-existence/

    -- dims

    On 07/31/2009 12:13 PM, svalchkov@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to deploy axis2 1.4.1 war in WebSphere, but without any luck so far. It works just fine under 6.1, but has some issue with 7.
    >
    > Attached is classloader report. I defined parent last option, but somehow I get axis2 classes loaded from bundle comming with WAS.
    >
    > org.apache.axis2.AxisFault file: / opt / IBM / WebSphere / AppServer / plugins / org.apache.axis2.jar false
    > org.apache.axis2.addressing.AddressingConstants file: / opt / IBM / WebSphere / AppServer / plugins / org.apache.axis2.jar true
    > org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException file: / opt / IBM / WebSphere / AppServer / plugins / org.apache.axis2.jar false
    > org.apache.axis2.description.HandlerDescription file: / opt / IBM / WebSphere / AppServer / plugins / org.apache.axis2.jar
    >
    > Probably this is the reason for my webapp to fail initialization with:
    > Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException
    > at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
    > at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java: 72)
    > at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.j ava:134)
    > at java.lang.J9VMInternals.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
    > at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1325)
    > at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DescriptionBuilder.pro cessMessageBuilders(DescriptionBuilder.java:230)
    > at org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.proc essMessageBuilders(AxisConfigBuilder.java:738)
    > ... 26 more
    >
    > Is this a bug in WAS? Or a configuration issue?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Stoil

  3. Re: Deploying axis2 in WebSphere 7

+ Reply to Thread