Reg:WAS NDM ports & threads - Websphere

This is a discussion on Reg:WAS NDM ports & threads - Websphere ; Hello all, Got a doubt when am checking with virtual hosts and ports creation... 1. my doubt was for a single server how many maximum ports can we allocate. 2. how it be handled because for an application if we ...

  1. Reg:WAS NDM ports & threads

    Hello all,

    Got a doubt when am checking with virtual hosts and ports creation...
    1. my doubt was for a single server how many maximum ports can we allocate.
    2. how it be handled because for an application if we created 10 servers (example) and each server if we allocate 20 ports .... if this was with an site which gives exam results.. in this case at the time of results number of hits will increase very faster... imagine each port handles 1000 request and for each request how many threads will act... how we handle this.. didn't server crash....

    Please through your view on this...

    thanks for reply...

  2. Re: Reg:WAS NDM ports & threads

    In 6.1 for each server it uses 17 ports and here are all the port names. WAS does keep track of allocated port numberes. It assigns unique port numbers when creating new servers. You have to go through the performance test to find out if the server handles your business volumes. Most of these parameters are tunable to the extent of the server hardware capacity.

    BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS
    SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS
    SAS_SSL_SERVERAUTH_LISTENER_ADDRESS
    CSIV2_SSL_SERVERAUTH_LISTENER_ADDRESS
    CSIV2_SSL_MUTUALAUTH_LISTENER_ADDRESS
    WC_adminhost
    WC_defaulthost
    DCS_UNICAST_ADDRESS
    WC_adminhost_secure
    WC_defaulthost_secure
    SIP_DEFAULTHOST
    SIP_DEFAULTHOST_SECURE
    SIB_ENDPOINT_ADDRESS
    SIB_ENDPOINT_SECURE_ADDRESS
    SIB_MQ_ENDPOINT_ADDRESS
    SIB_MQ_ENDPOINT_SECURE_ADDRESS
    ORB_LISTENER_ADDRESS

    Anant

  3. Re: Reg:WAS NDM ports & threads

    Hello Infyniti,

    thanks for reply...

    so, the maximum server's or max., ports per server depends on system hardware configuration also( if it support the max must be 17 am i)...

+ Reply to Thread