Deploying a secure web service client - Websphere

This is a discussion on Deploying a secure web service client - Websphere ; I have a web application on WebSphere 6 that acts as a client to a secure web service (SSL HTTPS). I have been able to run the application on my localhost, however, it seems that the application is dependent upon ...

  1. Deploying a secure web service client

    I have a web application on WebSphere 6 that acts as a client to a secure web service (SSL HTTPS). I have been able to run the application on my localhost, however, it seems that the application is dependent upon keystore files to generate a certificate, that would not be deployed as part of the application. What do I need to do in order to deploy this onto a server? Essentially, I'm trying to figure out how to generate a certificate in a WAS6 server environment.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Deploying a secure web service client

    I thought I'd try again...

    So, is there a way to create a web application, that is a client of a secure web service, which is not dependent on items that are outside of the deployed EAR, (i.e. keystore files)?

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread