JCA resource adapter for SSL connections - Websphere

This is a discussion on JCA resource adapter for SSL connections - Websphere ; We have a requirement for several of our applications to use SSL to connect to back-end web-services. The requirements are to use SSL with mutual authentication and that every application must use it own certificate for connecting. This last requirement ...

  1. JCA resource adapter for SSL connections

    We have a requirement for several of our applications to use SSL to connect to back-end web-services.
    The requirements are to use SSL with mutual authentication and that every application must use it own certificate for connecting.
    This last requirement rules out the "Dynamic outbound selection" offered by WebSphere Application Server.

    We were considering the use of a JCA connector to hide the the SSL configuration from using applications and have an easy way to configure new applications with new SSL configurations.

    Does anybody know if there is a standard resource adapter for this?
    There must be more people having these kind of requirements and I am interested how they solved it.

    Regards,

    Martijn

  2. Re: JCA resource adapter for SSL connections

    If we are really talking about connecting to web services (jax-rpc or jax-ws), you should be able to
    do so by configuring it in the client's deployment descriptor (jax-rpc) or via policies(for jax-ws).
    Basically, you should be able to make web service calls from different applications use different
    ssl configuratons.

    Cheers,
    Vinod

    martijnblankestijn@gmail.com wrote:
    > We have a requirement for several of our applications to use SSL to connect to back-end web-services.
    > The requirements are to use SSL with mutual authentication and that every application must use it own certificate for connecting.
    > This last requirement rules out the "Dynamic outbound selection" offered by WebSphere Application Server.
    >
    > We were considering the use of a JCA connector to hide the the SSL configuration from using applications and have an easy way to configure new applications with new SSL configurations.
    >
    > Does anybody know if there is a standard resource adapter for this?
    > There must be more people having these kind of requirements and I am interested how they solved it.
    >
    > Regards,
    >

    > Martijn

+ Reply to Thread