Java.exe process disappear on Windows - Websphere

This is a discussion on Java.exe process disappear on Windows - Websphere ; Hi, we have a WAS 6.1.0.25 running on a virtual machine, Windows 2003 on ESX 3.5 update 2. The OS has 4 GB in RAM, the max heap setting in the JVM is 1280 MB, since it's the maximum recommended ...

  1. Java.exe process disappear on Windows

    Hi,

    we have a WAS 6.1.0.25 running on a virtual machine, Windows 2003 on ESX 3.5 update 2. The OS has 4 GB in RAM, the max heap setting in the JVM is 1280 MB, since it's the maximum recommended in a 32 bits environment. The problem we are having is that suddenly the java.exe process dies, it disappears from the task manager and of course WAS stops working. It also happens without load, just starting WAS and leaving it there..

    The worst thing is that there are no errors in the logs, SystemOut, SystemErr, FFDC or native_stderr, there is also nothing in the Windows event logs...

    Any idea what can cause this?

  2. Re: Java.exe process disappear on Windows

    Is the WAS started as service or as started via a command line ? If the server started via a command line and logged off from the server the process gets killed. The event in recorded in Application event log.

  3. Re: Java.exe process disappear on Windows

    Hi,

    thank you very much for your reply, you are right, that's the problem, WAS service was disable, so I was using the command line, and I didn't think about that... (Windows!!)

    Thanks again!

    Best regards

+ Reply to Thread