Is it possible to have SSL between WAS and DatabaseServer(Oracle,SQL,DB2) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Is it possible to have SSL between WAS and DatabaseServer(Oracle,SQL,DB2) - Websphere ; Is it possible to have encrypted transmission between Websphere and Database Server like (Oracle,SQL,DB2)? If it is possible, please guide me to the documentation....

  1. Is it possible to have SSL between WAS and DatabaseServer(Oracle,SQL,DB2)

    Is it possible to have encrypted transmission between Websphere and Database Server like (Oracle,SQL,DB2)? If it is possible, please guide me to the documentation.

  2. Re: Is it possible to have SSL between WAS and DatabaseServer(Oracle,SQL,DB2)

    Looks like its possible. Here is the DB2 infocenter links.

    Infocenter :
    Starting with DB2® Version 9.1 Fix Pack 2, SSL is supported by DB2 database systems. This means a client application that uses the IBM® DB2 Driver for JDBC and SQLJ can connect to a DB2 database using an SSL socket. To enable SSL support in a DB2 instance, set the DB2COMM registry variable to SSL, create a SSL configuration file, and restart the instance.

    Configuring Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support in a DB2 instance
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/t0025241.htm

    Properties for the IBM DB2 Driver for JDBC and SQLJ
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/rjvdsprp.htm

    Anant

+ Reply to Thread