JMS TimeToLive cleanup thread - Websphere

This is a discussion on JMS TimeToLive cleanup thread - Websphere ; Hi, I have configured JMS queue with a TTL for 1 minute, using WAS 6.1.0.23.Now I can see all the messages getting cleaned up , whose TTL has passed, from the underlyin destination.But this cleanup, occurs at some fixed interval, ...

  1. JMS TimeToLive cleanup thread

    Hi,

    I have configured JMS queue with a TTL for 1 minute, using WAS 6.1.0.23.Now I can see all the messages getting cleaned up , whose TTL has passed, from the underlyin destination.But this cleanup, occurs at some fixed interval, and not at the point of expiry(seems obvious for performance reasons).My question is how to control the timing of this cleanup thread.Is there any propery to control the same, and if yes, where and what property i have toset.

    regards,
    Rohit

  2. Re: JMS TimeToLive cleanup thread

    Hi Rohit.

    Is this for a WMQ messaging provider queue or a default messaging provider queue?

    Cheers, Matt.

  3. Re: JMS TimeToLive cleanup thread

    Its a WAS default JMS provider,

  4. Re: JMS TimeToLive cleanup thread

    Hi.

    You can configure this by setting the following property to the number of milliseconds between checks for expired messages. Default should be 1000 (1 second):

    sib.msgstore.expiryInterval

    General instructions for setting such properties are here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../tjk0120_.html

    NB: expiry is not guaranteed to happen exactly at the interval specified. In particular if you have a large number of messages due to expire, the next run of the expiry thread will get delayed as it only gets rescheduled after all eligible messages have been expired for the current run.

    Regards, Matt.

+ Reply to Thread