Websphere Ldap settings for invalid login attempts - Websphere

This is a discussion on Websphere Ldap settings for invalid login attempts - Websphere ; I have a web application that authenticates users using LDAP (Active Directory). Is there a way to set it up to lock or timeout AD account after 3 invalid login attemps? Thanks,...

  1. Websphere Ldap settings for invalid login attempts

    I have a web application that authenticates users using LDAP (Active Directory).
    Is there a way to set it up to lock or timeout AD account after 3 invalid login attemps?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Websphere Ldap settings for invalid login attempts

    Hi!

    Sure, it is possible. For example via GPO for Password Policy on the DC.

    PS: what does it have with WAS to do?

  3. Re: Websphere Ldap settings for invalid login attempts

    The GPO is set to lock on 3 failed attempts.
    However, you can enter wrong credential more then 3 times, Websphere keeps trying to authenticate until you enter the correct credentials.
    (I am referring to the web user credentials entered through j_security_check form)

    As far as I can tell, Websphere only queries the AD through the preset ldap user identity setup in server security configuration. Therefore the account does not lock after 3 fail attempts.

  4. Re: Websphere Ldap settings for invalid login attempts

    as far as I know, WAS should first check (using its own credentials given in server security config) whethe the username
    entered exist and then (!!!) tries a bind to LDAP with the user credentials entered within the web-application.

    If the first check (search) fails, there will be no bind in the second step.

    Do you see failed binds in the DC-Logs?

+ Reply to Thread